FINANCIAL WOMEN’S ASSOCIATION (SINGAPORE)
NOTICE OF 21ST ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Dear FWA Members,
I hereby give notice for this year’s Financial Women’s Association General Meeting which will be held remotely on 24th March 2022.
We seek your support to sign up to vote in our new executive committee team 2022. Our new Exco slate will continue to strive to do their best of their abilities to promote education, advancement, and recognition of women, encourage young female leaders of tomorrow to advance in finance through mentoring. Finally, to contribute to social and community development for the betterment of women.
FWA had a very busy and fulfilling 2021. Our key highlights reached more women in finance and making an impactful to women in Singapore for the Year of Women’s Development. We hosted 10 monthly webinars to almost 1,100 participants, we grew significantly in corporate memberships. Our cornerstone mentoring program received an overwhelming signup which ended with a final selection of 30% (50 mentees) out of the total applications. Most importantly we broke new grounds in two key areas. FWA embarked on a national project by doing a research on Financial Literacy for Women in Finance for MSF as part of the government’s Women’s Development feedback. Finally, created the most ambitious project in FWA history by holding our first every symposium with the help of 100 volunteers and speakers from finance to present 10 topics online over a half day to almost an audience of 700.
The new Exco slate to be presented at the AGM looks forward to sharing more exciting plans with you on the year ahead.
Please note this event is open to members only and is free of charge. We invite all FWA members to dial in to the AGM. Registration will be required, and details are below.
Financial Women’s Association Singapore
FWA’s 21st Annual General Meeting will be held virtually - the meeting details are below. There will be no physical AGM.
There are two ways to attend the AGM virtually:
- members can download the free Zoom app for use on mobile or desktop, and then join the Zoom meeting by audio or video; or
- members may simply dial-in from any telephone, without having to download the app.
The Zoom meeting details, and dial-in details, for the AGM are set out below.
Please note the AGM is open to members only. All attendees will be asked to identify themselves. Any attendee that does not properly identify herself or himself will not be allowed entry into the AGM.
Instructions for Ordinary and Associate Members
If you are an Ordinary or Associate Member who wishes to attend the AGM, please register for the AGM, latest by 22 March 2022.
Then, on 24 March 2022 at 11.45am, please join the AGM by Zoom or dial-in.
If you are an Ordinary Member who is unable to attend the AGM, but nonetheless would like to send a proxy to attend and vote on your behalf, please complete this Ordinary Members' Proxy Form (Form 1), and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by 22 March 2022.
Then, on 24 March 2022 at 11.45am, your proxy may join the AGM by Zoom or dial-in.
Instructions for Corporate Members
If any Corporate Member wishes to attend into the AGM, please register for the AGM by completing this Corporate Member Voting Form (Form 2), and emailing it to email@example.com, latest by 22 March 2022.
Then, on 24 March 2022 at 11.45am, the Corporate Member’s Representative may join the AGM by Zoom or dial-in.
If any Corporate Member cannot make the AGM but nonetheless would like to vote, please fill in, sign and scan the Corporate Members' Proxy form (Form 3), and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by 22 March 2022.
Then, on 24 March 2022 at 11.45am, the Corporate Member’s proxy may join the AGM by Zoom or dial-in.
- To receive and adopt the annual report of the Committee.
- To receive and adopt the accounts for the period ended 31 December 2021.
- To retire the Committee for 2021-2022.
- To elect office bearers and auditors for 2022-2023.
Secretary & Assistant
Treasurer & Assistant
Other committee members
- To consider, approve and adopt the FWA Budget for 2022.
- To consider and approve the appointment of the newly elected President, Vice-President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer and/or Assistant Treasurer as authorised signatories for any bank account maintained by the FWA with any bank, with any two authorised signatories acting jointly to provide all necessary instructions to said bank.
- Any other business. Members are free to raise any items in the agenda provided that notice is given to the Secretary via email (email@example.com) latest by Thursday 17 March 2022.