FINANCIAL WOMEN’S ASSOCIATION (SINGAPORE)
NOTICE OF 20TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Dear FWA Members and Friends,
I hereby give notice for this year’s Financial Women’s Association General Meeting to commence on 25th March 2021.
In light of the ongoing pandemic, we have decided to run our AGM on Zoom / conference call during lunch time. We invite all FWA members to dial in to the AGM. Registration will be required, and details are below.
While we continue on with the online AGM, the spirit of diversity of thought and collaboration have not diminished in this subdued environment. We will continue to better ourselves in 2021 even though we had a great 2020. Reviewing the year, we closely engaged with our corporate and individual members with an average of 6 events a month which included virtual corporate lunches and our series of strategic engagements. Not dampened by the inability to meet, we had a successful mentoring program of a cohort of 42 mentees and 36 mentors. Our Exco team continued to persevere, and we relauched our Social Impact pillar as WEimpact, to serve as an influencer to all professional women. As a result of all our work and support from our members, we have been recognised with close to 2,000 Linkedin followers to date.
Welcoming the silver linings presented in this new environment, we are taking this time in planning our programs and enhancements. So, please join me on the 25th March to welcome the incoming 2021 Exco team who will be presenting their respective plans for you.
Financial Women’s Association Singapore
FWA’s 20th Annual General Meeting will be held virtually - the meeting details are below. There will be no physical AGM.
There are two ways to attend the AGM virtually:
- members can download the free Zoom app for use on mobile or desktop, and then join the Zoom meeting by audio or video; or
- members may simply dial-in from any telephone, without having to download the app.
The Zoom meeting details, and dial-in details, for the AGM are set out below.
Please note the AGM is open to members only. All attendees will be asked to identify themselves. Any attendee that does not properly identify herself or himself will not be allowed entry into the AGM.
Instructions for Ordinary and Associate Members
If you are an Ordinary or Associate Member who wishes to attend the AGM, please register for the AGM by clicking the registration button below, latest by 23 March 2021.
Then, on 25 March 2021 at 11.45am, please join the AGM by Zoom or dial-in.
If you are an Ordinary Member who is unable to attend the AGM, but nonetheless would like to send a proxy to attend and vote on your behalf, please complete this Ordinary Members' Proxy Form (Form 1), and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by 23 March 2021.
Then, on 25 March 2021 at 11.45am, your proxy may join the AGM by Zoom or dial-in.
Instructions for Corporate Members
If any Corporate Member wishes to attend into the AGM, please register for the AGM by completing this Corporate Member Voting Form (Form 2), and emailing it to email@example.com, latest by 23 March 2021.
Then, on 25 March 2021 at 11.45am, the Corporate Member’s Representative may join the AGM by Zoom or dial-in.
If any Corporate Member cannot make the AGM but nonetheless would like to vote, please fill in, sign and scan the Corporate Members' Proxy form (Form 3), and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by 23 March 2021.
Then, on 25 March 2021 at 11.45am, the Corporate Member’s proxy may join the AGM by Zoom or dial-in.
- To receive and adopt the annual report of the Committee.
- To receive and adopt the accounts for the period ended 31 December 2020.
- To retire the Committee for 2020-2021.
- To elect office bearers and auditors for 2021-2022.
Secretary & Assistant
Treasurer & Assistant
Other committee members
- To consider, approve and adopt the FWA Budget for 2021.
- To consider and approve the appointment of the newly elected President, Vice-President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer and/or Assistant Treasurer as authorised signatories for any bank account maintained by the FWA with any bank, with any two authorised signatories acting jointly to provide all necessary instructions to said bank.
- Any other business. Members are free to raise any items in the agenda provided that notice is given to the Secretary via email (email@example.com) latest by Thursday 18 March 2021.