FWA is delighted to announce the launch of its 7th annual, award winning mentoring programme for women, Advancing Women in Finance (AWF) 2018, run in association with Protege.
FWA AWF 2018 is open to all paid-up individual members of The Financial Woman's Association Singapore and we encourage you to invite non-members to both participate and join FWA.
Our Mentoring Programme is a multi-faceted, 6 month development programme that includes
- one-to-one mentoring
- tailored skills workshops
- peer to peer learning
- mentoring circles
- multiple networking opportunities
FWA AWF Objectives
- To provide opportunities for FWA's younger members to engage vwith senior members to enhance professional and personal development
- To provide senior members a casual platform to engage the younger members to learn more about their world view and discover new ways to manage talent
- Build loyalty to FWA and encourage younger members to become involved in all aspects of the Association that results in a pipeline of engaged members who are ready to support and expand FWA in the future.
- To encourage more active membership in FWA – a great reason to join!
- To support FWA strategy – increasing both membership and retention of members as well as promoting and advancing a high standard of professionalism within the financial services sector.
What Mentors Said
- Comprehensive, supported experience, learned a structured framework for mentoring.
- It changed the way I relate to and manage my Asian staff and colleagues.
- As a male mentor I also got an education about what it’s really like for working women.
- Felt energized and empowered by the entire experience.
- Recommend for professionals who want to get more out of life and work.
What Mentees Said
- Strong foundation for journey of self-discovery and empowerment.
- Bank of high quality mentors.
- Unique programme in Singapore.
- Opened a new vision for my personal and corporate development.
- Learned skills they don’t teach you at business school.
- Built confidence in networking and need to increase my visibility inside and outside the organization.
- Challenged me to discover new ways of developing skills and thinking.
FWA Advancing Women in Finance (AWF) 2018 Programme Summary
- Official Launch and Closing Celebrations
- Mentor / Mentee Matching : a vital component of a successful mentoring programme.
- Mentoring Sessions : 6 one-to-one mentoring sessions
- Mentor and Mentee Skills Building Workshops : various relevant topics
- Personality Tool : to understand self and impact on others
- Mid-point Check-in and Review : check progress towards desired outcomes
- Networking Events : with peers, Mentees, senior executives, partners and other women's interest groups
- Programme Workbooks and Materials : to enhance and support the learning experience
Interested applicants please download registration forms here (for mentors) and please sign up as a mentee via FWA membership dropdown menu. Also the information pack for the Mentor and the Mentee. Kindly complete the forms and email to email@example.com (for mentors only). Registration closes on Friday 4 May 2018. For more information about FWA’s mentoring programme please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful mentors will be notified via email when the registration closes on 4 May 2018 and further details for the Mentor/Mentee Matching held on 24th May 2018 will be provided
Mentees, upon acceptance into the programme which is only open to individual members is required to pay the mentee fee of $150/- where further details will be provided via email within 2 weeks of the applications received.
FWA Singapore Mentoring Subcommittee